Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 1, The 4-6 Week Project

2.28.11  "Play cars, Mama? Play trains?"  This is the very first thing I hear every morning when I walk into your room.  In a word, you are obsessed.  You love anything that has wheels and we are on the constant lookout for any type of vehicle, whether it be a Vespa, Amtrack, or tanker truck.  You love Thomas and using all the correct train names, like Murdoch, Spencer, and Molly.  Right now, we love to watch "Misty Island Rescue" together and then mimic the scenes in our imaginative play.  I love your love for all things BOY.  
 3.1.11  You and I love exploring together.  Here we are at a park up in Thousand Oaks before we met Mama's friends for lunch at CPK.  You look so old to me here.  Such a little man.  One of my favorite qualities about you right now is your unconditional showering of physical affection.  I don't know if it's because you sense another little being coming into our family, but you tell your Mama and Papa "I wuv you" all day long and constantly bombard us with hugs and kisses.  It is the sweetest thing and I hope you never lose your ability to express love so sweetly...
3.2.11  Where did your sweet tooth come from???  Here you are showing Mama the box of Thin Mints that Papa brought home the other day.  I had a pregnancy craving and tried to sneak one past you, but you have eyes like a hawk for anything with sugar (even though you never had it until way after your 1st birthday).  Your favorite treats are lollipops, chocolate, and cupcakes.  Sometimes, I find you reading books by yourself on the couch.  You grab "The Little Engine that Could" and "Happy Halloween Curdoroy" because they both contains pictures of sweets!  It's hilarious.  They say that food is the way to a man's heart and I concur!  
 3.3.11  This was a special day for just you and Mama.  I took you down to Lido Isle Park in Newport Beach and we were blessed with the most gorgeous weather!  We had the park all to ourselves and played with your Matchbox cars on all the slides, merry-go-round, and maze...all while watching the boats glide by.  We live in the most beautiful place, my son, and I am so thankful to be able to raise you here!
3.4.11  If someone asked you what your favorite park is right now, you would answer either "Mushroom Park" or "Castle Park."  On Saturday mornings, Papa and I usually take you out for bagels and then on a bike ride to the Mushroom Park.  The Castle Park is a little ways farther, but has so many fun things to play on, including a real castle!  As usual, your matchbox cars come with us and we take them on everything.  I really enjoyed sitting with you on the miniature picnic table and eating our lunch together.  It was such a perfect morning and I cherished our special date together...
 3.5.11  You have been crossing your ankles since you could sit up and you still do it!  Here you are reading with your Papa, two peas in a pod with your ankles crossed.  You have no idea how lucky you are to have him as YOUR Daddy.  Watching your Papa parent you makes me fall in love with him all over again day after day.  From the second he walks in the door, he is ALL YOURS till the moment you fall asleep.  He plays cars and trains with you (and does the best voices), sings to you, wrestles with you, gives you your bath, and anything else that you ask.  It is an understatement to say you have him wrapped around your finger.  He can't stand to hear you cry and is up with you several nights a week if you even make a peep.  You absolutely ADORE him and it sets Mama at ease knowing you will have the ultimate playmate around when lil sister comes...
3.6.11  Sometimes when you wake up from your nap, you insist on taking every animal that you sleep with out to play:  "Bamboo (your panda), Owl, Bunny, Elephant, and Mickey" you say when you first wake up.  You were doing very well at putting your paci back into your crib all by yourself after you woke up, but then all those 2-year molars started coming in.  I found your hands in your mouth constantly and I just couldn't resist your request for "I NEED Paci."  Blue Blankie was introduced only a few months ago in Mama's attempt to replace paci, but now you are addicted to both.  Mama and Papa are just too soft, so for now, they both come everywhere with us...

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, this is REALLY amazing. It is so encouraging and I feel like I see Christ's joy coming through you as a proud Mama. I will pray that with 2 kiddos God will continue to give you strength to reveal His incredible love and joy as a mother.

    ReplyDelete